Reading Group in preparation for the Casalegno Lectures 2017
Reading Group - 2016-2017 - II Semester
Reading group in preparation for the Casalegno Lectures given by Robert Stalnaker (Milan, May 22-26, 2017)
There is a reading group in preparation for the Casalegno Lectures given by Robert Stalnaker on “Counterfactuals and Practical Reason” every day from May 22nd to May 26th at the Università Statale di Milano, via Festa del Perdono 3, Milano, room 431, 2.30 p.m.
The reading group will meet on the following dates (in aula Enzo Paci – Direzione del Dipartimento di Filosofia – Via Festa del Perdono, 7- 20122 Milano):
March 22 – 14.30
April 7 – 13.30
April 19 – 14.30
April 28 - 12.30
May 8 – 14.30
May 17 – 14.30
First meeting (March 22)
- P. Casalegno (1997), Filosofia del linguaggio, Roma: Carocci (§5.6), pp. 157-163
- R. Stalnaker (1968), “A Theory of Conditionals”, in N. Rescher (ed.), Studies in Logical Theory, American Philosophical Quarterly, Monograph Series n. 2, Oxford: Blackwell, pp. 98-112; reprinted in E. Sosa (ed.), Causation and Conditionals, Oxford: Oxford U. P. 1975 and in W. L. Harper, R. Stalnaker and G. Pearce (eds), IFS, Dordrecht: Reidel Publishing Company, 1981, pp. 41-56.
Coordinator of the discussion: prof. Elisa Paganini
Second meeting (April 7)
- R. Jeffrey (2004), Subjective Probability, Cambridge: Cambridge University Press, ch. 1, pp. 1-28
Coordinator of the discussion: prof. Hykel Hosni
Third meeting (April 19)
- R. Stalnaker (1975), "Indicative Conditionals" in Philosophia vol. 5, n. 3, pp. 269-286
Coordinator of the discussion: prof. Sandro Zucchi
Fourth meeting (April 28)
- R. Stalnaker (1975), (2015), "Counterfactuals and Humean Reduction" in B. Loewer e J. Schaffer (curatori), A Companion to David Lewis, John Wiley and Sons, West Sussex, pp. 411-424.
Coordinator of the discussion: prof. Elisa Paganini.
Fifth meeting (May 8)
- R. Stalnaker, "Counterfactuals and Probability", di prossima pubblicazione in L. Walters e J. Hawthorne (eds), Conditionals, Probability and Paradox: Themes from the Philosophy of Dorothy Edgington.
Coordinator of the discussion: prof. Giuliano Torrengo.
Sixth meeting (May 17)
R. Stalnaker (2011), “Conditional Propositions and Conditional Assertions” in A. Egan e B. Weatherson (a cura di), Epistemic Modality, Oxford: Oxford University Press, pp. 227-248.
Coordinator of the discussion: prof. Sandro Zucchi.
Everyone interested is welcome to attend.
For information, please write to firstname.lastname@example.org